The Time of Angels: SPOILERS!!!!
“It didn’t make the sound!”
Well, that was more like it. It felt like we watched the whole thing without blinking and suddenly the 40 minutes had gone and we hadn’t looked at the clock once. That was fantastic. I loved the Eleventh Hour but wasn’t a great fan of the last two episodes. However, this felt like a direct continuation of the style and pace from episode one. It was funny, pacy, clever, very atmospheric and, hooray, it was scary. My daughter hid under a blanket for most of the episode
· The pre-credits scenes – fabulous – like being thrown into the middle of a feature film.
· The line about the Doctor keeping the brakes on when he lands the TARDIS. We laughed out loud.
· The Church of the future.
· The Angels’ new powers – didn’t understand them but didn’t care – now even watching an angel on the TV can be spooky.
· River Song – excellent let’s have her back again and again. Still a lot of interesting ambiguity about just who exactly she is.
· Oh and next week looks great! Good to see that the crack will be addressed rather than just appearing at the end of every episode.
· And, you know what, the music is growing on me. We hummed along!
The only thing I hated:
· The bloody animation advertising the bloody Dorothy programme in the last 60 seconds and completely ruining the cliff-hanger!!! Bloody bloody BBC. No. Don’t do this! Don’t become like a lot of American TV channels!!! Just don’t.
10 out of 10!!!!!!!!!!!