hope I did this right.

- Susan 4        - Zoe 11                      - Adric 4 (-2)              Martha 8
    - Barbara 10         - The Brigadier 15        - Tegan 8
    - Vicki 10              - Joe Grant 12       - Turlough 8
    - Stephen 10         - Sarah Jane 12          - Peri 10

- Harry 11                   - Ace  6
    - Ben 10               - Leela 12                  - Grace 6
    - Polly 10             - K9 10                       - Rose 12 (+ 1)
    - Jamie 13           - Romana I 10            - Mickey 6
    - Victoria 11        - Romana II 10           - Captain Jack 9

______________________________________________________________________________

32: Dodo
    33: Mel

'Moon, moonlight, skull and horror - I need a glass of wine at the end'

Dr Who - DVD 'Image of the Fendahl'

EDIT - note to Louis - 528x426 seems to work :-)

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 23 weeks ago

I particularly like this as one of the best stories for Barbara. It's one of the few times a companion tries to alter history to improve things, and unfortunately she failed miserably.

Like you it took me a while to warm up to some of the earlier companions but by this time Barbara had found her footing and became a memorable character in the show.

Just a note:

During this time the actors were taking vacation time while the show was going. In this story Carol Anne Ford was gone for two episodes and was seen in pre-recorded clips for the story. During "The Keys of Marinus" Willaim Hartnell had taken his break, in "The Sensorites" Jacquline Hill took her break and in the story after that ("The Reign of Terror") William Russell took his break.

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 23 weeks ago

THE SENSORITES: SPOILERS!!!

I’ve done well this week – an episode a night and I’ve worked my way through the Sensorites. I wasn’t sure during the first episode whether I’d like this or not but my doubts were soon swept away by the claustrophobic feel of the spaceship and the eerie cliffhanger to episode one. Another great story with enough twists and turns and groups to make the story interesting (although I feel that the story could have done without episode two, which felt a little padded for my liking).

Some thoughts:

·         Loved the look of the Sensorites themselves, like bipedal fish with beards. I also liked the timid, nervous nature of these creatures who almost couldn’t stand extremes of any kind

·         The TARDIS lock burnt out?! What?

·         Susan showing signs of telepathy but the Doctor not?

·         The growing bonds between the TARDIS crew (The Doctor calling Ian: My Boy) who really work as a team now and the shock turnaround in the Doctor’s attitude at the end of episode six

·         A nice example of sixties racism as Carol declares that she can’t tell one Sensorite from the other but then it seems that even the Sensorites can’t seem to tell each other apart, thus the use of sashes to distinguish rank and individual

·         Peter Glaze played the Third Elder – was this the same Peter Glaze from Crackerjack? The more I think about it, the more it really seemed like him despite the Sensorite mask.

A strong and interesting story overall. Another  recommendation but as discussed in the postings above probably more enjoyable when seen as part of the first season as a whole. 8 out of 10.

Next: Vive la revolution!

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 23 weeks ago

When I first say the Aztecs, it was the first Hartnell story, I'd ever seen. Everything that I knew about the first Doctor up until that point had was from the Target novels (which as a young boy, I loved incidentally). It may have taken me an episode to warm up to the characters but I have ton say that my experience was different from Doctor Whoovie's and I loved the story the first time that I saw it.

However, I do agree that watching in order from the beginning adds a whole new dimension. Yes, the characters grow, their relationships deepen. Susan has stopped being annoying for me, I love watching Ian walk round in his top from thirteenth century China in the Keys of Marinus. As the bonds between the two halves of the Tardis crew strengthen so my interest in them grows. Yes, I am enjoying this thoroughly.

• Doctor Who Motivational Posters   5 years 23 weeks ago

Gone too far?

• Doctor Who Motivational Posters   5 years 23 weeks ago

It's in the episode Lord Parker's 'Oliday.

• Air Date for Torchwood S3   5 years 23 weeks ago

Well, when the BBC aired the 4th series of "Doctor Who" there was about a month "lag time" from then to when it aired in the US (on Sci-Fi).

That is to be expected, but I wish could get a simultaneous broadcast like they did for "The Five Doctors" when it came out. They did that specially for the 20th anniversary - so why can't they do it now?Frown

• Ken, Daphne, and Louis 2009   5 years 23 weeks ago

Now that's a mug shot!!!!!

- Susan 4 (-2)        - Zoe 11                      - Adric 6               Martha 8
    - Barbara 10         - The Brigadier 15        - Tegan 8
    - Vicki 10              - Joe Grant 12 (+1)       - Turlough 8
    - Stephen 10         - Sarah Jane 12          - Peri 10

- Harry 11                   - Ace  6
    - Ben 10               - Leela 12                  - Grace 6
    - Polly 10             - K9 10                       - Rose 11
    - Jamie 13           - Romana I 10            - Mickey 6
    - Victoria 11        - Romana II 10           - Captain Jack 9

______________________________________________________________________________

32: Dodo
    33: Mel

• Spam Filter   5 years 23 weeks ago

The mystery continues here. Though at least we are narrowing it down. I am stumped on why it is being triggered when voting from the side bar block. Hmm..

I will try to look further into this matter.

Thanks and sorry about the trouble.

• Happy Anniversary to Us! 24 Years of Time and Space.   5 years 23 weeks ago

I know we havent used such terms in quite some time, but I am feeling nostalgic!!  We should consider having an old traditional ”meeting” someplace on a Sunday to celebrate.   At the very least, we should have one in August or September (which ever coincides with the first monthly meeting at Rockville Centre) Maybe even in the same spot!!!  Wish I could have made it to the gathering in the city, but as you said....  weekday and all (and at night, something we never did in the days of meetings)  TTFN   Tim

• Air Date for Torchwood S3   5 years 23 weeks ago

That also puts it the "week" of July 4-10, which means it'll air in the UK two weeks before BBC America.

And here we all had our hopes pinned on their airing each episode the same day in both countries. Yell

And the spam filter thinks my post could be spam! YellYell

• Spam Filter   5 years 23 weeks ago

Glad it worked.

I knew it worked for me so I thought I'd suggest it to you.

Whoovie and I seem to have submitted our entries at exactly the same time.  So here is Whoovie's entry reproduced with my point allocations included:

- Susan 6             - Zoe 11                      - Adric 6               Martha 8 (-2)
    - Ian 12                - Liz 10                       - Nyssa 10           Donna 11 (+1)
    - Barbara 10         - The Brigadier 15        - Tegan 8
    - Vicki 10              - Joe Grant 11            - Turlough 8
    - Stephen 10         - Sarah Jane 12          - Peri 10

- Harry 11                   - Ace  6
    - Ben 10               - Leela 12                  - Grace 6
    - Polly 10             - K9 10                       - Rose 11
    - Jamie 13           - Romana I 10            - Mickey 6
    - Victoria 11        - Romana II 10           - Captain Jack 9

______________________________________________________________________________

32: Dodo
    33: Mel

- Susan 6             - Zoe 11                      - Adric 6               - Martha 10
    - Ian 12               - Liz 10                       - Nyssa 10            - Donna 10
    - Barbara 10        - The Brigadier 15        Tegan 8
    - Vicki 10            - Jo Grant 11                - Turlough 8
    - Stephen 10       - Sarah Jane 12             - Peri 10

- Harry 11                    - Ace  6 (+1)
    - Ben 10              - Leela 12                    - Grace 6 (-2)
    - Polly 10             - K9 10                       - Rose 11
    - Jamie 13           - Romana I 10            - Mickey 6
    - Victoria 11        - Romana II 10           - Captain Jack 9

______________________________________________________________________________

32: Dodo
    33: Mel

• Spam Filter   5 years 23 weeks ago

Troy is correct!

If I choose polls at the top, get the list and select the poll I want to vote in, my vote is registered if it appears in the central column, the spam filter is triggered if attempt to vote from the sidebars.

Mystery solved (kind of).

Stewart

• Spam Filter   5 years 23 weeks ago

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but when the poll is in the right hand column, I get the message about triggering the spam filter.

Look in the center column and place your vote there, for some reason this works fine for me. The poll is usually repeated in the news columns.

Hope this helps.

Note to whoever is working on this problem:

I am using Internet Explorer 8 and have the same problem if I vote in the right-hand column.

- Susan 6             - Zoe 11                      - Adric 6               - Martha 8 (-2)
    - Ian 12                - Liz 10                       - Nyssa 10           - Donna 11 (+1)
    - Barbara 10         - The Brigadier 15        - Tegan 8
    - Vicki 10              - Joe Grant 11            - Turlough 8
    - Stephen 10         - Sarah Jane 12          - Peri 10

- Harry 11                   - Ace  5
    - Ben 10               - Leela 12                  - Grace 8
    - Polly 10             - K9 10                       - Rose 11
    - Jamie 13           - Romana I 10            - Mickey 6
    - Victoria 11        - Romana II 10           - Captain Jack 9

______________________________________________________________________________

32: Dodo
    33: Mel

• Spam Filter   5 years 23 weeks ago

I am using Microsoft Explorer v6.0 on Windows XP w service pack3.

I do log in from different computers at different times of the day.

Just tried it on my home computer also XP but with IE V7, same thing happened but

I read the next line, it said 'validation error'. Maybe this helps.

This time and the first time the problem occured  I was using the poll section in the right hand bar. But the second time I think the poll was in the left hand side bar, though I cannot find a poll there currently.

Stewart

- Ian 12 (+1)        - Liz 10                       - Nyssa 10            - Donna 10
    - Barbara 10         - The Brigadier 15        - Tegan 8 (-2)
    - Vicki 10              - Joe Grant 11            - Turlough 8
    - Stephen 10         - Sarah Jane 12          - Peri 10

- Harry 11                   - Ace  5
    - Ben 10               - Leela 12                  - Grace 8
    - Polly 10             - K9 10                       - Rose 11
    - Jamie 13           - Romana I 10            - Mickey 6
    - Victoria 11        - Romana II 10           - Captain Jack 9

______________________________________________________________________________

32: Dodo
    33: Mel

• Spam Filter   5 years 23 weeks ago

It is damn peculiar to say the least. I am still unsure why this is happening to you, Doctor Whoovie. The spam filter is not even monitoring the voting (how could a yes or no vote be considered spam anyhow?).

What browser and what platform are you using?

Did it happen when tried to vote in the side block (right side bar block) or in the middle column or in the poll section? Does it happen no matter where you tried to vote?

I am just trying to figure out what could be cause.

Of course, here at the Gallifreyan Embassy, like the United States and Iran, we believe every vote does count. Wink

• The Keeper of Traken   5 years 23 weeks ago

I don't know whether or not you noticed but the cliffhangers for the story are a little different than the usual stories. They are more subtle and indirect.

For example in episode 1:

the counsel calls the Keeper and the keeper was attacked, but the threat was to imply that the Doctor and Adric were the threat and not a direct confrontation.

In episode 2:

we have the Doctor, Adric and Tremas captured and Kassia comes to the Melkur and the cliffhanger was Melkur telling her that "This is just the beginning". again not a direct threat but a subtle one.

we have a similar cliffhanger in episode 3 as well.

- Ian 11               - Liz 10                       - Nyssa 10            - Donna 10
    - Barbara 10         - The Brigadier 15 (+1)  - Tegan 10
    - Vicki 10              - Joe Grant 11            - Turlough 8
    - Stephen 10         - Sarah Jane 12          - Peri 10

- Harry 11                   - Ace  5
    - Ben 10               - Leela 12                  - Grace 8
    - Polly 10             - K9 10                       - Rose 11
    - Jamie 13           - Romana I 10            - Mickey 6
    - Victoria 11        - Romana II 10           - Captain Jack 9

______________________________________________________________________________

32: Dodo 0 (-2)

33: Mel

• io9 Publishes "Spoiler" Image   5 years 23 weeks ago

The Sun reports a story with the same picture, but the focus of the story is Timothy Dalton appearing in the show.

Here is a link to the sun story:

How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)