• FOUR TO DOOMSDAY   5 years 9 weeks ago

This episode makes Tegan look almost schizo. She goes from annoying, whiney, to symapathetic, back to cowardly and human again. Fielding, it seems is doing what she can to keep Tegan likable but the script and dialog are not helping. On the other hand, Nyssa is child like and retains her innocence and almost regains her peaceful background, especially when the android (yes, that's what they are) knocks her away. And I think it's charming that Adric sticks up for her ("Don't you do that to her."). As if he can do anything about it. Again, he's a typical teen. ALthough his stupidity in helping Monarch doesn't happen until the next episode, here, he's becomes stupider than Nyssa science wise. He retains his mathematical excellence though and surprises this new Doctor with some figures or with his figure. I don't really get the whole distract the Doctor from the TARDIS with dances, gladiatorial combat, and performances thing but there you have it...and it works. Why the Doc didn't just get Tegan to the Tardis and then go find the others or find out what was going on is beyond me. Bigon is a colorful charcter, well played by Philip Locke. Adric and Nyssa's big adventure is nice and it seems not only are some of the set pieces props from SPACE: 1999 but some of the rooms they explore look like redressed and refitted rooms from the show such as MAIN MISSION and COMMAND CENTER! And they look great here too.

While the Doctor smiles and mugs his way through and keeps calm, Tegan's not doing so well and her prattling does tend to get on one's nerves. I"m not sure what else happens in this ep tha't's worth talking about but Adric seems more fit to being the companion at first here. He's not as nice to Tegan as he was in LOGOPOLIS and seems to be annoyed by her also, perhaps trying to show the Doc the obvious--that he's better companion material than she. I also am a bit upset that Tegan and Janet are listed in the credits before Adric. That's not fair really. Even if Fielding had more experience. Truthfully it doesn't seem like she did but there you have it.

The ending is effectively werid but could have been so much better had the effects been better. And they should have been. THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN and THE BIONIC WOMAN were doing scenes of robot face lifting years before this and much better. In fact, unless I"m far wrong, even GET SMART did stuff like this in the 1960s so there's no excuse for the bad effects here except there wasn't enough money. And the flap of skin that covers Bigon's chest unit is a bit flimsey. Still thanks to the actor, Bigon's revelation is creepy. He plays it so well.

So this ep is not too bad and the story not as bad as one might have been lead to believe by others. It has it's moments, both good and bad and strange but this ep is pretty good.

One thing interesting to note is that when Monarch's computer is asked to try again to intefer what the Doctor's power is (Artron Energy and/or Gallifrey) it suggests "the occult"!!!!!

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 9 weeks ago

One note is that the mice scene for some reason reminds me of HITCH HIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 9 weeks ago

Spoiler Alerts  ...  If you haven't managed to watch this sometime during the last 43 year (as I hadn't) this post may contain information you don't want to know ... but hurry up and watch it before the Sun prints the details.

Well an Epic, if uneven story, I think it could have been an excellent 8 parter with only the good stuff left in.

The Companions
    -------------------

Katrina - what a shame she was only in the Tardis for 3 episodes, there was no chance to get to know her and it was interesting having a complete niave/innocent as a companion, thinking all scientific/electronic equipment was the work of the Gods. All though it  could be argued that Leela came from a similar non-advanced culture, she was much more worldly in other ways (i.e. killing, survival of the fittest etc.).

Bret Vyon - He was great, I especially like the way that he started of as an 'enemy' before mutual trust was established with the TARDIS crew. I immediately liked him (although I wonder how much this has to do with the fact that the character seems very similar to the Brig). What a shame he is only around for a couple of episodes before Sara kills him.

Sara Kingdom - Another great companion who starts of as an 'enemy'. I had forgotten to add her to my previous list of companions who started of as another character (Joanna in the Crusade). A very 'avengers' type of female lead though which I'm not sure we saw again until 'Leela' who didn't mind a fight. What a horrible way to die, though it did make me think of the Master aging the Doctor in 'The Sound of the Drums'. Although at the time I suspect the aging scene at the end of 'She' (1965) may have been more fresh in people's minds.
    I need to go and re-listen to the recent Sara Kingdom companion Chronicle to see how they managed to get over the fact that she died during her first encounter with the Doctor.

Steven Tyler - After having disliked the character since his introduction, I finally warmed to him in this story, perhaps it was that life threatening injuring in teh Mythmakers changed him. He seemed to make much better judgement calls in this story and became the more 'mature' companion in this story, leaving Sara to be the brasher (i'm not following orders companion).

The Enemies
    --------------

Mavic Chen - Well there was no doubt that he was the realy bad guy in this story, totally betraying his own planet/race/species for (not exactly clear for what) vague power. He appears to become more deranged as the story progresses, expecting the worst from the other galactic leaders, loyalty from his security services and truthfullness from the Daleks. Given that he is a manipulator, expects the others on the council to be double-crossing, why does he expect the Daleks to honor any deals they have made? What a strange way to hold a pen for writing? BTW what race was he meant to be? The name sounds Chinese/Asian but the skin coloring seems wrong (I know everything is in Black and White, but I was envisioning him with blue skin tones).

The Galactic Council - nice bunch of varied alien costumes here. It is a shame so few episodes have survived, as it looks like quite an effort was made to have various species move in strange ways - Liked the bouncy alien. Overall the Council chamber scenes reminded me of the Alien managerie on platform one in the 'end of the world'

The Daleks - The Daleks seemed almost unnecessary in this story. Although they were the foil for Mavic Chen, they were not a overwhelming source of Evil that typifies them in most stories.
    However this lack of presence overall in the story is made up for by the scenes of DALEKS WITH FLAMETHROWERS - Yeah, we need more of this.

The Monk - Nice to see him back. Again he just appears to be mischevious rather than Evil. His revenge is to strand the Doctor, not kill him and leave his TARDIS with some hope of escape. He even says he'll come back and rescue them. When he 'betrays' the Doctor and Co. to the Daleks in Egypt, it is as if he cannot help himself, rather than plotting their downfall (The Master would be much more calculating about it).

The Varga plants - great idea, shame they are not really realized to their full potential. I think Big Finish used them much more effectively in the Dalek Empire (2?).

The Story
    -----------

I'm sure that I am not the first person to notice this but Terry Nation seems to re-use a lot of his ideas. I think that many of them may have occurred here before he re-used them later but here is a list of what I noticed.

1. The comlete story second half of the story seems to be a reworking of 'The chase', Dalek Time machine chases the TARDIS over various time period s and worlds in an episodic manner. I guess the Monk was thrown into the mix to provide a little variation (which time machine is appearing on the scanner). I must say I was expecting a scenario where the Daleks were unaware two time macine were at the destination and they are temporarily distracted chasing the wrong one.

2. The Penal colony planet - This was reused as Cygna Alpha in Blake's 7

3. World with invisible aliens attacking the Daleks in a Hungle - Planet of the Daleks

I disliked the whole, Feast of Steven Episode as it seemed like unnecessary filler, likewise the prison planet episode. Katrina's death also seemed unnecessary, it would have been simpler if they had just not brought her from Troy. Does anyone know the motivation by bringing her along.

The cricket match landing and the New Year celebrations also seemed like filler material. Overall this reminded me of some of the Pertwee episodes where chases were inserted to pad out the story.

The gravity power incident was quite interesting and it was convenient that Steven was encased in a force field when he was shot by the Daleks. However, this was a little more believable than the Doctor's ring and the alien Sun having 'certain properties' which allowed the Doctor to undo the Monk's meddling with the Tardis lock.

The Reconstructions
    -----------------------

Although I enjoyed the surviving episodes greatly, the Loose Canon reconstructions were on the whole excellent, the use of CGI Daleks and limited animation was good. The only episode I found poor was the aforementioned 'Feast of Steven' which seemed much more confusing than anyof the others, the use of silent movie titles rather than the more commonly used scrolling text made that part of the story difficult to follow.

Overall
    --------

A great Sci-fi story which was made over long by the  inclusion of about 3-4 filler episodes which slowed things down in the middle. The gaining (and death) of two great companions and one who's greatness was never allowed to show.

Probably an 8/10 (but add an extra 1 for Daleks with flamethrowers)

Now for some shorter stories and hopefully a lower rate of companion consumption.

• How Does Outpost Gallifrey Closing Affect Doctor Who: Podshock?   5 years 9 weeks ago

It seems that the Doctor Who Forum section of Outpost Gallifrey will now be essentially closing sooner than originally stated. Shaun Lyon had posted the following on 20 June 2009:

At the end of the day on Sunday, July 5, the Doctor Who Forum will become completely CLOSED to any new messages posted in the Forum in all sections EXCEPT the "Companions" section, in order to aid people transitioning to new communities

• Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 154   5 years 9 weeks ago

Just a quick link to a picture of Charlie Ross (at far right of picture) interviewing Big Finish at Manchester's Fab Cafe event.

EDIT - video now on YouTube:-

Charlie Ross (far right of pic)

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 9 weeks ago

Chase-

Okay Chase, having just watched the whole thing I can answer these questions with some degree of confidence.

1. Steve charges the fake taranium core with gravity energy from the 'liberated' Dalek spaceship, despite warnings from Sara and the Doctor not to do it. Although the process works for energizing the core, Steven is nearly killed, as he recovers he is stunned and unable to communicate and enclosed in a gravatic force field. This saves him from a point blank shot for a Dalek gun, but then dissapates.

2. The Doctor states that the TARDIS force shield operates on a principal similar to that which protected Steven.

3. Both the Doctor and Sara indicate that Gravity drives are old dangerous technology. Steve is from centuries earlier than Sara and says it was a common place spaceship power supply when he flew. This is quite strange considering they are in a Dalek ship and every where else in the Story it is implied that Dalek technology is in advance of that of the humans and other races (with the exception of TimeLords - The Monk and Doctor.

4. The Doctor has a 'magnetic chair' which can restrain people in the TARDIS - although there dosn't appear to be a requirement that iron or steel be present on the parts of the person whom is being restrained. Bret is held in this until he convinces Katrina toi release him.

Chase-

Indeed, I think at one point Steven even asks if they are not going to go back to get the Monk. i.e., check he is okay.

Chase -
    Sara's death was shocking and I don't know why the Doc let her stay to "help" him. Near as I can see, she isn't helping him carry the Core at all, therefore dies for no reason whatsoever. ANd if one flick of the switch can turn if off...or did it just burn out? why couldn't the Doctor figure it out. I mean I am pretty sure one of them puts the Core in reverse and sends the Daleks back to embryos so why couldn't switching it the other way have saved Sara? Maybe the Doc didn't know it could do that.

Sara's death was about duty. She thought she was expendable for the safety of the Solar System. She went back to make sure that the Doctor suceeded, it wasn't worth the risk that he might not make it.

With the benefit of forty years of hindsight into Docotr Who, the modern viewer may not be surprised that the aging phenominon didn't kill the Doctor, however at the time of broadcast, I'm sure many viewers must have been surprised that the Doctor didn't wither and die even more quickly than Sara.

To answer your question about the device, it stops because the taranium power supply burns out.

Chase-

That good, because I'd hate to think anything worse was coming up.

Chase-
    Mavic Chen goes way over the top in his death scene

And this would differ from the Master (john Simm), Davros (Gooderson, Wisherson or Molloy) or Omega (Thorme) in what particular aspect?

Chase -
    the Daleks seemed dangerous to me in this

Only when they had flamethrowers Smile

- Ian 12                - Zoe 13                 - Romana I 11           - Barbara 12
    - Liz 8
    - Vicki 7                    - The Brigadier 17
    - Nyssa 8
    - Stephen 8             - Jo Grant 16             - Tegan 8
    - Polly 8                - Sarah Jane 14       - Peri 8                     - Ben 11
    Harry 13

- Ace 6
    - Jamie 17 (+1)         Leela 14
    - Rose 14              -
    Victoria 8              - K9 5 (-2)                - Captain Jack 9

_____________________________________________________________________________

25. Martha
    26. Turlough            27. Romana II       28. Mickey                  29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                    33: Mel

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 9 weeks ago

That was a great post. I loved how you detailed all the stuff from DALEK MASTERPLAN. I agree with almost all of what you wrote. I really liked this story. I did when I read the archives years ago, I did when I heard the audio versionS, and I liked it when I saw the reconstructions. I think as a massive 12 parter it just keeps on going and has time to develop situations and characters. I don't know why they put in Katarina. It could be they felt she'd be a good companion and then realized how limiting a companion she would be. It could be she was always going to get killed off to show how dangerous the Doctor's world is/can be. In fact, I think the Doc forgot to close the door and that is what lead to Katarina's death---not closing the door when he should have lead to the criminal getting board the ship in the first place but the Doc said it was because he didn't know much about these ancient type spaceships.

Katrina was a limited and limiting character but it would have been nice to have someone from the past leanring and changing. Her death scene and the stuff before it was nicely tense and serious and indeed, made things deadly dangerous. Sara Kingdom starts out cold and menacing and then gets sympathetic, having just obeyed orders from what seems like a controlling Federation (could be the start of the Federation from BLAKE'S 7, which is also said to have come from the eventual history that came from THE SURVIVORS --the original you might say). She then mellows to the point of not being able to take care of herself and was a cut out companion, still Jean Marsh imbibes so much personality in her that...well, she's intersting throughout. Still having had one comp kill the other never happened before or since! Maybe Capt Jack will get killed off by Donna or something? No? No. Anyway Bret was a good companion as well, getting into it with the Doctor more than once. And wasn't there a TARDIS forcefield in this one? And wasn't Steven somehow taken over? Was he infected or somethng? I can't recall but I recall Steven bluffing the Daleks in order to escape into th TARDIS and using the forcefield. Also: Wasn't there a chair that made people stick to it in the console room?

In any event, I like THE CHASE aspects here. Here, it's much better than the unfunny funny stuff from THE CHASE like the Empire State Building sequences or the stupid hitting Ian by mistake on the Marie Celeste or that wretched silly so bad it's funny Haunting House fair. Eygpt seemed dangerous enough but was moreso due to Mavic Chen and the Daleks being there and neither having much care for the locales. Hartnell in white hat is super again especially when he hands over the fake Core to Mavic Chen. The Monk is a welcome addition to the canon and the story and as you say, I can't add anything to what you said, but as you say, he's not totally evil, just mishievious and plotting and wants to get his own back, almost like a sissified Batman villain. Only much much better. Sara and Steve even seem amused by him but Steven gets annoyed with him. In some strnage way, the Monk almost feels like a psuedo companion!

The real low point of the whole Hartnell era must be that 1920s sequence in Hollywood. It's cliched, boring, stupid, silly and not remotely realistic or funny. It makes no sense and at times, it borders on offensive and almost retarded. I DO like the scenes in the present when the Doc gets involved with the policemen and Sara tries to fix the TARDIS thingie on top (the navigation thing?). That was nice but the Holly wood stuff is total garbage and seemingly at times prejudice.

Mavic Chen goes way over the top in his death scene but he's slowly losing his mind it would seem. I couldn't tell one alien from the other and ...they did get set free to leave and wanr the rest of the universe? Anyway none of them were consistent from ep to ep and the spaceships looked pretty good to be honest. In a Flash Gordon kinda way. Hartnell does a great job sneaking around.

I liked all this and this story had a lot of time to develop and it was all the better for it and the Daleks seemed dangerous to me in this and all the characters seemed well developed. Too bad longER stories in the future wouldn't do this---ala TRIAL OF A TIME LORD. Although the INVASION did.

• CASTROVALVA   5 years 9 weeks ago

That was bloody brilliant. I have a feeling this may be one story that is best watched all in one go with all four eps at one time. Sutton and Fielding do a great job especially when confronted by the Master. Their looks say it all: the fear, the hatred they feel for him and the utter inability to stop him. I love Nyssa's near bluff to the Master. I also like how the whole history of Castrovalva was fake and why did'nt the Master realize the books should not chronicle the history up to the present day? Also: the Master pretty much fooled me with his diguise. I didn't know for a second he was the Portreve.

Ainley goes a bit overboard with "MY WEB!" in the end but he was utterly fascinating as the Master at least to me. Davison seems heroic enough for now and even gets a few Davison isms in but again, he's no Tom Baker. But it was all suitable and the ending was good, again, Adric saves the day.

I don't understand how the Master and Adric weren't on the Master's TARDIS or was that black room with the Hadron web, the master's TARDIS? if so, wtf?

Anyway there's one strange scene where Tegan says NO to Shardovan carrying the Zero Cabinet...and then...he's carrying it iwth one of the other Castrovalvans?! WTF? Then Tegan comes running from behind and says she repsonsible for the Doctor and she starts carrying it. As if no one knew about the scene before! I also wonder why the cliffhanger reprise had to be over two minutes long. Tha'ts long!

This climax is very watchable, entertaining and well acted by all involved. I love the ending where Tegan is dissapointed and the Doctor seems optimistic about who he is. Well done. Now the team seems finally together, happy with each other, saving each other and caring for each other as shown when Tegan saves Adric or wants to anyway... so the next story should have them working as  a well oiled machine, right?

A little tidy up ....... Save some space on the results

- Liz 8
    - Vicki 7 (+1)             - The Brigadier 17
    - Nyssa 8
    - Stephen 8             - Jo Grant 16             - Tegan 8
    Harry 13

- Ace 6
    - Jamie 16                Leela 14
    - Rose 14              -
    Victoria 8              - K9 7                       - Captain Jack 9

_____________________________________________________________________________

25. Martha 0 (-2)
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                   33: Mel

- Ian 12                  - Zoe 13                 - Romana I 11
    - Barbara 12            - Liz 8                     - Martha 2             - Donna 13
    - Vicki 6 (-2)             - The Brigadier 17     - Nyssa 8
    - Stephen 8             - Jo Grant 16 (+1)    - Tegan 8
    - Polly 8                  - Sarah Jane 14        - Peri 8
    - Ben 11                  Harry 13                - Ace 6
    - Jamie 16              Leela 14                 - Rose 14
    Victoria 8              - K9 7                       - Captain Jack 9

_____________________________________________________________________________

26. Turlough 0

27. Romana II
    28. Mickey
    29: Adric

31: Grace
    32: Dodo
    33: Mel

In the post titled: Bye Susan Adric has 4 points left. In the next post he has 2 taken away and therefore 2 left, this is shown as follows 2 (-2). The two in parenthesis is how many were taken away and the first 2 is how many he has left. He then survives a few more posts before having the final two taken.

It works like this, look:

X starts with 10 points thus:  X 10

Then when somebody wants to take away 2 points the next post will look like this: X 8 (-2)

I hope that clarifies things?

- Ian 12                  - Zoe 13                 - Romana I 11      - Captain Jack 9
    - Vicki 8                  - The Brigadier 17     - Nyssa 8

28. Mickey
    29: Adric

31: Grace
    32: Dodo
    33: Mel

• Doctor Who: The Next Doctor on DVD   5 years 9 weeks ago

Thanks, during that time I'll remind myself to watch FOUR TO DOOMSDAY, a better story!!!!!

Yeah I know, Adric has FOUR and in the next post he has TWO. Then two was minused from two to get zero. But if you see what i Mean he lost TWO from no one as in one post he had 4 and nothing in parathesis (meaning no one minused those two to get two i the next post). Then in the next post he had TWO despite no one minusing TWO  from his four. Then they minused TWO.

I knew better than to play this game anyway as it's not correctly done but whatever, I tried.

• Doctor in Distress   5 years 9 weeks ago

Yeah I have to agree that it's unbearable and embarassing but thanks Louis for posting it! (?). What I mean is it gives us a real taste of what's it like so that we don't think we're missing something great if we never get to see it! A total low for DW and the DW actors, pathetic and made me want to disassociate myself frm this lame show that would do this. Still, was it charity? I guess that's always good if it really goes to a good cause. SOmetimes others think it was money being made to go to keeping the show on the air. It was all mismanaged.

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   5 years 9 weeks ago

I agreee with everything you said but I would probably put MARCO POLO above the AZTECS but as they're so different in almost every way...except wnating to get back to the TARDIS and being historicals...

One thing to notice is that UNEARTHLY CHILD (great  first ep) may not be a historical at all. Certianly the production team thought of it as our past as in ONE MILLION BC the movies but...if you look closer it might not be Earth at all that they're on! Which is imaginative to think it might be a human colonized planet or these might be aliens! Just a thought.

Hartnell excells in all these stories, his performance does not hinge on anything over the top (EDGE OF DESTRUCTION comes close but even over the top, he does  a great job and makes the Doctor fascinated, fascinating, mysterious, admiring, bold, brash, and at times wrong as only an old man can be wrong and in spirit, he's sometimes WRONG as with treating Barbara and Ian so coldly in the first story and in this ---but so much in the Daleks). In THE DALEKS, he seems like a human old man, getting sick before the others and not at all like an alien. Yet...there's always that something that Hartnell, even if the scripts don't, suggests that the Doc is not quite human but not quite an alien so far removed from an old man. Brilliant that. ANd his flubs are just adorable and funny...whether or not he meant them. In MASSACRE as he plays someone else, he makes no flubs as that other character, which might suggest that he did the flubs, mostly, on purpose as part of the Doc's old man nature.

Susan: yeck! She has her moments but overall they blew it as she could have been so alien, so strange and had some powers as hinted at in THE SENSORITES. Instead, she's supposed to be the teens' audience identification character but then she's so young in an older body, it seems as she's 16 supposedly (but liek most things in DW it's open to interpretation) and younger kids might not really identify with that and she's so whiney...who likes that? She's also a screamer, a worrier, and a perpetual victim. As the first companion, I guess that's okay as she sets up the screamer thing and worrier thing and complaining thing for future Peri's, Mel's and Jo's and Victoria's of the world. She must have some knowledge of science as Zoe did in future stories but she's justs sort of there and truthfully the actress isn't all that good.

Ian: that's more like it. Really the hero and he's not bold and brash and not conceited or even James Bond-ish. In fact, he seems like the best charater, the most real, the most down to Earth and the most fit to survive and he cares about all the others, even the Doctor, who he seems to develop a grudging amusement over. He so obviously loves Barbara right from the outset and seems protective of her and Susan...and the actor is so up for all of it. Even does well in the strange EDGE OF DESTRUCTION.

Barbara: has her great moments but can be reduced to a blithering, idiot, screamer, whiny, annoying stubborn fool! but then again in these situations wouldn't you? SHe can also be conceited and in your face, a nag in space. Yet, she also has many many sympathetic scenes in all the stories. In fact, I'd have liked AZTECS more if she wasn't so...in your face. I think the actress is a good one and I'm fond of her and seeing her literally wasted in MEGLOS bothered me. Too bad she couldn't have come back as Barbara.

The execution overall is great. KEYS OF MARINUS with the rubber skin suited Voord is probably the worst in execution but even that has atmosphere, acid sea, pryamids, jungles, a trial done right, mystery, and so many diffrent aspects of the Doctor, from legal to plotter to victim, that there's so much going on, it resembles the season in micro. I believe the companions even start a rebellion in this. Thus, the AZTECS and the other stories around it set up DW for the future and the show seemed very stretcheable. A GREAT SEASON.

• Doctor in Distress   5 years 9 weeks ago

Please, enough of this song & video already.  It's totally unbearable!

Yell

• Doctor Who: The Next Doctor on DVD   5 years 9 weeks ago

UPDATE: There has been an update!

Since I posted this earlier today, the time slot for the airings has been extended. The new air-times are 9:00 PM - 10:15 PM and Midnight to 1:15 AM. 'The Graham Norton Show' has been reduced to accomodate the 'Doctor Who' episode.

• Doctor Who: The Next Doctor on DVD   5 years 9 weeks ago

BBC America (not the HD channel) will air 'The Next Doctor' this Saturday (June 27) at 9:00 PM (EDT).

It will re-air at midnight.

The bad thing is - it has been cut to fit in a 1-hour time slot.

So if you haven't see this episode yet and live in the US - catch it this weekend.

- Barbara 12            - Liz 8                     - Martha 2 (-2)            - Donna 13
    - Vicki 8                  - The Brigadier 17     - Nyssa 8
    - Stephen 8             - Jo Grant 14            - Tegan 8
    - Polly 8                  - Sarah Jane 14        - Turlough 2
    - Ben 11                  Harry 13                 - Peri 8

- Jamie 16              Leela 14                - Ace 6 (+1)
    Victoria 8              - K9 7                     - Rose 14

_____________________________________________________________________________

27. Romana II
    28. Mickey
    29: Adric

31: Grace
    32: Dodo
    33: Mel

- Barbara 12            - Liz 8                     - Martha 4            - Donna 13
    - Vicki 8                  - The Brigadier 17     - Nyssa 8
    - Stephen 8             - Jo Grant 14 (+1)    - Tegan 8
    - Polly 8                  - Sarah Jane 14        Turlough 2
    - Ben 11                  Harry 13                 - Peri 8

- Jamie 16              Leela 14                - Ace 5
    Victoria 8              - K9 7 (-2)                - Rose 14

_____________________________________________________________________________

27. Romana II
    28. Mickey
    29: Adric

31: Grace
    32: Dodo
    33: Mel

• BBC America in HD! Oh Yeah Baby!   5 years 9 weeks ago

Yeah, I'm so sorry - I didn't notice it until I was about to run out to a meeting, should have deleted. I'll get better at it, I promise!!!!!!

'Doom and Dumarest - Wimbledon and win'

Some Dr Who spin-off show news

• BBC America in HD! Oh Yeah Baby!   5 years 9 weeks ago

I tried to make it fit here Amy... the HTML emailings that BBC America sends out aren't designed to fit the format of our website column here. It was bleeding into the right side bar as a result.

I removed the non-related elements and squeezed in the rest to make it fit.

How do you rate Doctor Who: Into the Dalek? (5=Fantastic)