The Cultdom Collective Podcast

Cultdom Interview: Dr. Rebecca Housel

Cultdom interviews Dr. Rebecca Housel – known online as The Pop Culture Professor – a well respected writer, educator and panel moderator. Talking here with Dave AC about her appearances at Wizard World, her philosophy writing in books on True Blood, Twilight & X-Men – plus we cover TV Series like The Vampire Diaries, Angel, Forever Knight whilst keeping our focus on current trends in the portrayal of vampires in both movies and the written word. http://www.rebeccahousel.com/

Direct Link to MP3:-

Cheers, daveac – with thanks to Rebecca

The Cultdom Collective Podcast

O/T Cultdom Episode 177 – From the Mind of … George Lucas

Another of our ‘From the Mind of …’ Series – this time the person in focus is George Lucas - checkout http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lucas
    NOTE: We start the podcast with Dr Who and James Bond ‘SkyFall‘ news

Direct Link to MP3:-

Cheers, Ian & daveac

The Cultdom Collective Podcast

Cultdom Interviews – The author of ‘Whostrology’

Cultdom interviews the author of ‘Whostrology’ Michael M Gilroy-Sinclair – known to many as the voice of the Tin Dog Podcast Links: http://www.tin-dog.co.uk/ http://www.whostrology.com/

Direct Link to MP3:-

Cheers, Ian & daveac – with thanks to Michael

The Cultdom Collective Podcast

O/T Cultdom Epi.176 – Dreamcast of … ST:NG

Cultdom menbers Dream Casting for Star Trek Next Generation Reboot – two lists to help us http://www.imdb.com/list/WAh3kwPwXII/ AND http://www.themarysue.com/star-trek-tng-recast/2/

Direct Link to MP3:-

Cheers, Ian & daveac

• Copy of post by Billy - Ken Deep taken ill   2 years 1 week ago

I'm sorry to hear that.

Hope he gets better soon.

• Copy of post by Billy - Ken Deep taken ill   2 years 1 week ago

Oh my god! We sincerely hope he is doing well, and will keep him in our thoughts each day. Our best to him and his wife.

Anthony and Jessica

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 2 weeks ago

My last updates for Louis as his epic journey finally comes to an end and he re-joins the online world again.

So until he posts directly himself - here are his last Tweets:-

Sandy Aftermath Day 14 Supplemental: Now the real dirty work begins getting all the destroyed stuff out of my place & still expelling water.

Sandy Aftermath Day 14 Supplemental: We had some disaster relief volunteers stop by with some needed supplies. Very kind of them.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 14 Supplemental: I had a shower! Normally something I wouldn't tweet about, but this was the first after two weeks!

Sandy Aftermath Day 14 Supplemental: Slowly returning to civilization again. My ISP has returned. Finally some net access! Still spotty AT&T though.

Regards, daveac

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 2 weeks ago

Thanks Carl,

Yep - it really is an ordeal Louis (many others) are still having.

One place to checkout is his Art Trap Contact page although as we know his contact with the Internet World is currently his quick iPhone tweets.

Re-charging his phone being a major issue for him.

Here's the link:

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 2 weeks ago

I've been commenting on Louis' facebook posts, but obviously he doesn't have the time or battery life to respond to everybody. I'm far away in California. Dave, I know you're far away in a whole different country. All of us are strewn about in different places, and it's hard not being able to help. Is there anything we can do? I have other friends who were devastated by this hurricane, but most of them are comic artists who are recouping their losses through art sales and commission drives. I've been passing around links and articles for days, doing what little I can from here to help them. I hate feeling helpless when friends are in trouble. I don't know Louis personally, just through fandom, but his passion for the good Doctor has inspired me and helped build my passion for these wonderful stories and characters we love so much. I'd love to repay Louis that. Let me know if you have any ideas. And thank you for posting Louis' status updates on the GE website, and keeping Louis in your thoughts. Any ideas please let me know through here or facebook, Dave. I'll send you a facebook message too. Anybody else have ideas, please do the same.

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 2 weeks ago

Sandy Aftermath Day 11 Supplemental: NY Gov announced 90% of those affected had power restored. I'm just 'lucky' to be in the 10% failure.

Sandy Aftermath Day 11 Supplemental: More bad news. My car has a flat tire. The only working vehicle, post storm in my family.

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 2 weeks ago

Further Tweets listed in oder of posting:-

It's election day. This will be the first time I'll be checking the election results via the radio since we still have no power.

Sandy Aftermath Day 9 Supplemental: I voted! No power, heat, etc. Little net access, gas crisis, etc. Change of voting locale. I still voted.

Sandy Aftermath Day 9 Supplemental: LIPA better shake their ass getting power restored. Tomorrow will be day 10 of this living hell.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 9 Supplemental: I voted at the polls already. Now I'm voting for power, heat, reliable phones, and consistent net here!

It's not the same experiencing election results on just a radio. Congrats to the winners. It's cold here. Still no heat. No power. #Sandy aftermath continues.

Last tweet posted:-

Sandy Aftermath Day 10: Each night colder than last. Need power and heat. I hate LIPA. Feels like I'm living in a 3rd world war zone.

The Cultdom Collective Podcast

O/T Cultdom Commentary: Luther – Series 2 Episode 1

Dave, Mike and Ian have a a hard time recognizing each other this week, but manage to unmask each other in time for this weeks Commentary: Luther – Series 2 Episode1.

Direct Link to mp3:-

Cheers, Ian, Mike & daveac

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 2 weeks ago
    Sandy Aftermath Day 9:
    Coldest night so far. Near freezing. Still no power, heat, etc. My voting location changed from a fire house to a school.
  • Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 3 weeks ago
    Dave, if you can, please do me a favour. Day 7, still no power & flooded.

Not sure when I'll be up & running.

Please if you can - tell Listenners that DW Podshock will return when I'm back in operation.

Very little net access now.
    No timetable now.

(Thanks.)
  • Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 3 weeks ago

They have power here (Golden Reef Diner) Hot meal tonight. Though I suspect a bit of price gouging going on here.

Sandy Aftermath Day 7: It was the coldest night since the storm. Still no power, heat, etc. At least I managed a few hours of continuous sleep though.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 7 Supplemental: Hope. I finally saw a LIPA (power company) truck drive down my street. Tried to flag it down but it didn't stop.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 7 Supplemental: There's a helicopter circling around my home now. I can't make out the markings on it. Not a news chopper.

• The Cultdom Collective Podcast Updates   2 years 3 weeks ago

Please join The Cultdom Collective Podcast at 2PM EST

Episode 175 EW '25 Best Cult TV Shows' Part 2

see: http://www.imdb.com/list/kNlim8mznPk/

Cheers, Ian & daveac

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 3 weeks ago

#Sandy Aftermath Day 5 Supplemental: Reports of nearby towns having power restored had given me hope for mine. It proved to be false hope.

Sandy Aftermath Day 6 Supplemental: I'm hoping we may get power restored today. Still flooded here with a pump, but no power for it.

Sandy Aftermath Day 6 Supplemental: Still no power. Hand bailing continues. Huge trees blocking roads & utility lines need clearing.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 6 Supplemental: Hose for pump is set to go. Hand bailing seems like an act of futility now. Need power for pump.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 6 Supplemental: LIPA said that 700k customers will have their power restored by 11/4. I sure hope I'm among them.

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 3 weeks ago

#Sandy Aftermath Day 5: Still no power, heat, phones, etc. Very limited net connectivity. Still hand bailing water out.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 5 Supplemental: Discovered cut near ankle. May had happened when I stumbled down the stairs Monday when place was flooding. Hope it doesn't get infected from the flood water.

#Sandy Aftermath Day 5 Supplemental: I've seen National Guard vehicles on major roads in my area, but not around me. FEMA reps said to be in area.

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 3 weeks ago

Louis via iPhone to Facebook:-

Update #Sandy Aftermath Day 4 Supplemental: I went to a nearby town that has power restored. It felt like re-entering civilization. For a moment Sandy felt like only a bad dream… for a brief moment.

• Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 3 weeks ago
    Update #Sandy Aftermath Day 4:
    Still no utilities & minimum connectivity. Lost my big colorful pond fish. No power to run filter. Pond water has been stagnant water for days and has filled with hurricane debris.
    Update #Sandy Aftermath Day 4 Supplemental: Tired. Still hand bailing water out. Tired. Local sewage facility had major failure. Tired.
  • Best Wishes to Louis after Hurricane Sandy   2 years 3 weeks ago

From his iPhone on Facebook:-

Update #Sandy Aftermath Day 3: Still no power, heat, phones, little connectivity. Removing water slowly via a bucket. Saw boats uplifted on to roads.

Other Podshock members were caught in all this ie. Ken Deep & Andre Tessier 'No power no heat' after inquires by Graeme Sheridan

• PLANET OF GIANTS   2 years 3 weeks ago

You know, until I bought the DVD I don't think I actually saw "Planet of Giants" before now.  Back in the early 1990's when my local PBS station decided to show all the Hartnell/Troughton episodes, I think I actually missed this one.  It was like watching it for the first time. Certainly it plays like a whodunnit but overall it was pretty easy to watch. Some of the Hartnell stories tend to drag for me.

In some respects this is a pretty good story with the sets that have been increased in size.  I liked the little tender moment in Part One between the Doctor & Barbara where he apologized for being so rude. It kind of set the tone for later Doctors who expressed sincere concerns about the fate of their companions.

Reading the info text it shows how old the show is when one of the actors is shown as being born in 1899.

I have to agree with Chase that the story has a sort of "Twilight Zone" feel.  This is one of those early stories that utilized the resources of its shoestring budget to their max and pulled off an above-average final product.

The Cultdom Collective Podcast

Cultdom Halloween Commentary: Mockingbird Lane (TV Pilot)

Ian, Mike & daveac go creepy and corny on Halloween – knocking on the door of 1313 Mockingbird Lane and then running, hiding and commenting on – what happens next.

Direct Link to mp3:-

Cheers, Ian, Mike & daveac

The Cultdom Collective Podcast

Cultdom Special Edition: Cultdom Operator

Special episode of Cultdom Collective hosted by Rand al’Thor.
    In mid-2009, Victor Surge posted images to the SomethingAwful forums of a tall and slender man haunting various individuals. All investigations were hushed.
    Some years earlier, college film student Alex Kralie abandons his student film, “Marble Hornets”, and disappears altogether.
    Later, Alex’s friend and fellow college film student Jay goes through the tapes left behind from the Marble Hornets film project, and begins uploading any strange footage to YouTube.
    On 23 November, 2010, Jay wakes up in a hotel room, with no memories of the past seven months of his life. There is only one other guest in the entire hotel, a young woman named Jessica.
    Since then other stories have cropped up around the Internet of lives devastated by a tall, slender, faceless figure in a businesssuit: Noah Maxwell, whose cousin Milo dies of a drug overdose, and soon Noah finds himself targetted by a “Mr. Slim” and a character known as the Observer; a group of friends who start up a prank fitness series featuring a friend dressing
    up as this entity which attracts the attention of the real thing; a young man in New Jersey who starts hearing strange noises in his house and learns of a former owner, Mark McComber, information that leads him and a friend to discovering a cult that worships a certain tall, faceless man.
    These are just some stories that have surfaced concerning an entity commonly known as the Slender Man.

Direct Link to MP3:-

Cheers, Mike (Rand__alThor) with thanks for Ian & daveac

The Cultdom Collective Podcast

Please join Cultdom 2PM EDT (that's 6PM GMT)

For Episode 174 'Vampires ... Cultdom Bites Back!'

Cheers, Ian & daveac

How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)